Sunday, November 25, 2012

How to Use MyTracks to Help Editing Roads in MapMaker

I came about using MyTracks for Android when my friend Kevin shared his post about motorbiking. After a while, we came to ask, "How can we use our MyTracks information to edit roads in MapMaker?" We both knew that most provincial roads have not been mapped yet, or mapped incorrectly, in Google Maps. The outright answer at the time was to open the MyTracks information in Google Maps on one window, and edit the same location in Google MapMaker on another window. Just Alt-Tab to switch back and forth while editing. Doable, but good luck with that.

Just dawned on me today. I could use the KML information uploaded by MyTracks as an overlay on MapMaker. Then it will be my guide on editing road features on the map. That was easy!

Get the KML link on Google Maps

Add the KML as an overlay in MapMaker

Edit!
I can't wait to go to San Juan, Batangas and do it!

1 comment: